CLA UUK/GuildHE Higher Education Licence
Covers copying from books, magazines, journals and websites
We offer two versions of this licence, one for Independent institutions and one for State institutions. The following information applies for both licences.
The licence provides annual blanket permissions to copy and reuse content from print and digital publications.
- Make copies from digital and print books, magazines, journals and websites
- Share copies with students and staff
- Store copies on your intranet
- Copy up to one article, chapter or 10% of the total, whichever is greater
- Copy publications from the UK plus 38 international territories
With this licence you will have access to other services we have developed specially for higher education.
Digital Content Store (DCS)
The Digital Content Store (DCS) is included in the cost of the HE Licence. This service is an innovative web based platform that combines a searchable repository of book and journal extracts with an online workflow system. This service enables you to create course packs and automates workflows while eliminating the need for census reporting. Find out more
You can read more information in our:
Terms and Conditions for State institutions
Terms and Conditions for Independent institutions