Skip to main content

We use cookies on this site to help us provide a better service. By navigating the site you are accepting the cookies
See our cookie policy for more details.

Check Permissions

Find out what can be copied, shared or re-used under your licence.

Do you need a licence?

If you are a business, charity, education institution or public sector organisation and you're not sure if you need a licence then read on to find out more.

Our licences can simplify the access, management and use of copyright content within any type and size of organisation. They are the only way to obtain blanket clearance which means you can make copies (within limits) of the content you want, when you want, rather than having to ask permission from the copyright owner every time.

In your day-to-day role, you will likely use content from a range of copyright print and digital books, magazines and journals. For example, you might photocopy an article from a journal to share via email, download content from an original digital publication to use in a presentation or receive press cuttings from a media monitoring agency.

If you aren’t sure whether your organisation needs a licence, just answer these five simple question; keeping in mind the activity of all employees.

Would you or any employee answer ‘Yes’ to any of the following:

  1. Do you receive, access online or share press cuttings?
  2. Do you copy or print articles from websites or other digital content?
  3. Do you email copies of articles or extracts from publications?
  4. Do you store copies of articles or reports on an intranet?
  5. Do you photocopy or scan content from books, magazines or journals?

Look at just some of the reasons to buy a licence!

  • Access articles and chapters from millions of publications
  • Publications from more than 35 countries
  • One annual licence, so no need to seek permissions every time
  • Single transaction and a published rate card brings certainty of cost
  • Our indemnity ensures peace of mind and reduces risk of infringement 

    Contact us to find out more

    Enquire now


    Useful Links