Digital Content Store
We’ve worked with higher education institutions (HEIs), publishers and technology partners to develop an optional innovative web-based platform called the Digital Content Store, or as we call it, the DCS. The system combines a searchable repository of digitised book and journal extracts with an online workflow management tool. With the DCS, you’ll be able to:
- Verify ownership
- Check permissions
- Eliminate census reporting
- Automate requirement checks
- And share and use content from other HEIs
The benefits of choosing the DCS
- Integrates with major library management systems and reading list solutions to provide one streamlined tool
- Reduces your administrative burden by automating weeding and streamlining renewals
- Guaranteed to deliver definitive permissions regarding included and excluded titles, giving you total copyright compliancy assurance
- Links with your EHESS account for seamless ordering and fulfilment of your Copyright Fee Paid and outsourced scanning orders
- Join a community of 90+ UK HEIs that are already populating a rich repository resources that you’ll be able to use and add to
A quick introduction...
Watch our video animation below to get a quick introduction to how the DCS can benefit your institution and help library services in particular!
If our taster video has got you interested in learning more about the DCS you might like to take a look at some case study materials that we have produced to give you a better insight into how the DCS has worked in the words of higher education library staff.
- Read how Middlesex University have benefited from the DCS to enhance their library services.
- Bookmark our Regular DCS Blogs that are often written by current DCS users discussing their experiences.
- View our new film (below) featuring staff from Brunel University London, Durham University, Edge Hill University and Leeds Beckett University speaking about how the DCS has streamlined their library workflows and simplified compliance checking and reporting.
- Review our list of DCS User Technologies to find out which institutions have adopted the Content Store and the different technologies they use in their integrations (the list only shows customers who have agreed to share information with us)
113 HEIs now use the live DCS and, this year, 101 UK HEIs used the DCS to report their CLA licensed Digital Copies to the UK Copyright Licensing Agency.
Join our community
If you would like to join your peers in becoming a member of the DCS community please contact us to find out more about getting started and to arrange for a demo of the system. We look forward to welcoming you!