What is EHESS for Further Education?
We have partnered with the British Library to deliver an efficient, cost-effective and streamlined document supply service. The EHESS service was initially launched in the HE sector, but, after expressions of interest from Further Education institutions, we’re delighted to be able to offer the platform to this sector too.
With EHESS for Further Education, FEIs are able to take advantage of:
- Copyright-fee-paid (CFP) or scan-only options
Note that purchasing a CFP means that your institution owns the material and it can sit in your library stock as any other purchase would. If the material is included in the CLA Licence, you are also covered to copy from the CFP as per the normal terms and conditions.
- Digital Rights Management (DRM)-free material
- Scans of a high quality using preservation-standard workflow
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) as standard
- Full metadata
- Most scans delivered within 48 hours
|Rates from 1 August 2021||Pay Monthly||Advance Payment|
|Born digital||£5.80 plus copyright fee||£5.80 plus copyright fee|
|CFP supply from print||£9.80 plus copyright fee||£9.00 plus copyright fee|
|Outsourced scanning from print||£9.80||£9.00|
*All prices are + VAT. Please note, the minimum deposit amount for the advance payment option is £150.00 + VAT.
Note for existing users: We have recently moved to a new system and the way our EHESS invoices look has changed. These invoices are no longer itemised so they should be viewed in conjunction with the transaction history, which you can view when logging in here: https://accountlogin.cla.co.uk/login
Your username is the same as your email address or the generic email address that was used to set up your login for this service. You can reset your password by clicking on the ‘Forgotten password’ link anytime. If you have any questions on this, please get in touch.
Invoices are issued monthly and include a total of charges for all transactions from the previous month. We can add one PO number per monthly invoice.
How do I get started?
To get your EHESS for Further Education account set up, all you have to do is return the EHESS for Further Education Licensees Agreement, together with some additional details. Follow our step-by-step guide below:
- Download and print the Agreement, sign it and email a scanned copy to email@example.com
- In your covering correspondence, please indicate to CLA:
- Your existing British Library account number (if applicable)
- If you would like to pay monthly, or pay in advance. If paying in advance, indicate the sum to be deposited. Please note the minimum payment is £150.00 + VAT.
- Please note: Once we have received your returned agreement, we will be in touch with confirmation of your account and how you can log in to monitor your purchases. If you currently have a deposit with the British Library, please contact them to discuss a possible refund. Deposits with the British Library cannot be used against your EHESS purchases.
If you want to know more about what EHESS for Further Education is and how it works, have a look at our FAQs.
Get in touch
If you have any queries relating to setting up your account, you can call us on 020 7400 3171.
Or if you just want to know more about the service and how it works, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.