Some categories of published works are not covered any of CLA's licences and these include:
- maps and charts
- printed music**
- workbooks, workcards or assignment sheets
** a separate Printed Music Licence is available for schools
In addition to these categories of excluded works there are works that are expressly excluded by the copyright owners.
Lists of those works that are excluded by the publishers from each CLA Licence are available below.
- Business Licence exclusions
- Multinational Business Licence exclusions
- Pharmaceutical Licence exclusions
- Multinational Pharmaceutical Licence exclusions
- Law Licence exclusions
- Media Monitoring Licence exclusions
- Education Licence exclusions
- Higher Education Licence exclusions
- Public Administration Licence exclusions
Please note that if you wish to copy from any of the works listed as excluded, you should contact the copyright owners directly for permission prior to copying.
Authors and Visual Artists Exclusions
Certain works have been specifically and expressly excluded from all CLA Licences by the copyright owners. Where a work by an author or a visual artist appears within another publication, e.g. a photograph in a magazine, or a short story in an anthology, that specific work may not be copied under the terms of a CLA Licence.
The lists displayed here show authors and visual artists that have excluded all their works.
If you have any question at all about our licensing scheme and how we license, please contact us